We’re moving so you don’t have to!
After 65 years serving the Shropshire Haulage and Bus Industry, the Harlescott LGV DVSA Public Testing Centre is closing. The last vocational driving test will take place on Friday 20th March 2020.
Despite assurances over the past two years from the DVSA, Government and Shropshire Council, that there will always be a DVSA Test Centre in Shrewsbury, that is no longer the case.
The land has been sold to our local council and there is not going to be a replacement.
The solution put forward by the DVSA was for us to train and test our customers at Wrexham or Featherstone. This is completely unacceptable and not financially viable for us or our customers.
Luckily, we had Plan B in motion!
We were already in the process of expanding our services to Telford and we are now proud to announce our Stafford Park site is ready for our first practical driving test. It will take place on Wednesday 1st April 2020.
What this means for you as our customer
We realised there were so many great advantages to owning our own DVSA Customer Site that would benefit both us and our customers:
- Dedicated DVSA Examiner on site each week.
- Tests taking place on the exact same manoeuvring area that the training has already been on, providing familiarity and confidence to our customers.
- The simplicity of going to and from a test centre that’s in the same place.
- Telford area test routes, that if you live in the area, will all be very familiar to you.
- The new known area will help boost confidence throughout training and test day.
- We now offer courses on all the following vocational driver training categories; Lorry, Coach, Minibus, Large Van (Paramedic or 7.5-ton C1), Car and Trailer.
- Being able to provide Driver CPC Training Courses periodically – We can provide them either inhouse at your site, onsite at our offices or with open sessions at Telford and Shrewsbury venues to suit.
- Providing the Driver CPC Initial Qualification, Module 2 Theory Test, alongside our inhouse Module 4 Training and Assessment by our own DVSA Qualified Assessor.
- Free driving assessments offered on all categories we cover.
- Advice and support from the initial phone call, to completing the application process, medical arrangements and assessment drive once your provisional is back (this is for all vocational courses – except car, trailer or artic class courses, where this is not required due to licence stage ups).
Get the service you deserve
We are here for questions, bookings and support, both over the phone or with a meeting at our premises or yours. All our instructors have full industry experience and are listed on the prestigious industry standard National Register of LGV Instructors.
We also have an exceptionally high first-time pass rate at the public test centres, with a reputation of providing a quality service for all our customers. See our online customer reviews on Facebook, the www.thebestofshrewsbury.co.uk , and google listings to see for yourself.
We’re here to provide quality driver training to help you become a professional, knowledgeable and safe driver, all at a reasonable cost.
We look forward to working with you soon!